Saturday, February 25, 2012
Monday, February 13, 2012
Things have been a little quiet around here, I have to admit. Work, lots of things on the social calendar, cleaning and organizing while Hubs is gone, and I haven’t had a lot of time for blogging.
But I haven’t been quiet over on Pinterest. I think I might be addicted to that site. 1,848 pins? I think that might be kind of ridiculous. But I love it! Here is a snapshot of what I’ve been pinning and why they piqued my interest:
- “What is a weekend?” mug. Do you watch Downton Abbey? If not, where in the world have you been? My favorite character by far is Maggie Smith’s Dowager Countess. Her one liners are priceless! You, too, can have a mug or shirt or bag printed with one of her quips at Cafepress.com. LOVE this one.
- I have decided that we need a solution for our front door mail slot. Every day I come home and the mail is splayed all over the front foyer. I end up stepping on it and dragging mud and dirt all over the envelopes. It’s gotta stop! I found this pin the other day and then went shopping for a similar basket. I am going to work on my solution this week and maybe post a tutorial if it turns out ok.
- Social media explained. I love this picture that’s been floating around cyberspace!
- I feel this way quite a lot. Probably because I feel like I don’t put together outfits very well and when I do put something together that I think is cute, I want others to notice!
- This is NOT on the Weight Watchers diet, but my husband sent me a link to this homemade tagalong recipe and I think we’re going to have to make them when he’s back from France. They look SO good!
I don’t think I’ll stop pinning anytime soon, but I really need to work on doing some of the tutorials and projects I’ve been pinning! Someone has a link up party to Pinterest-inspired projects and I may have to work on some tutorials to link up to that. But more than that, I hope I can find more things to blog about and the time to write those blogs!
What’s inspiring you lately?
Saturday, February 4, 2012
I’ve been a little quiet over the past few weeks, both on the blog and on Twitter. Someone commented on it the other day and I realized that I haven’t really posted in a while. What have I been up to, you might ask yourself? How am I keeping myself busy while my dear husband is studying international law in ole Paris? I’ll let the pictures speak for themselves…
I managed to open a bottle of champagne on my own! Had to get Bachelorette Girl to take this picture of me to document the occasion. I’m such a dork.
I love my Keurig. So much.
Bachelorette Girl and I went to a chocolate and wine tasting a few weekends ago. Awesome!
I keep forgetting my keys in the front door. Hubs would always bring them in when he found them, but a few times, I’ve been finding them still in the lock the next morning. Whoops!
I’m at it again – organizing on a weeknight.
Law School Prom! This was such a fun night out at Union Station with all of our friends. By the way, that brown dress I have on? Well, it was altered when I was a bit bigger, so I kept having to hike the silly thing up. But Hubs requested I wear the big fancy ball gown and he was so right – I fit right in with all the other prom dresses.
I got to travel for work this past week! We went to KC for training and I actually enjoyed it. Yes, I needed four bags for a Monday through Wednesday trip, but whatever! The purple suitcase is my new one off Amazon, because the old honeymoon luggage is in the shop.
Beer? Me? Never. But then on Thursday night we had a beer tasting for the alum club and you know what? I actually LIKED the beer! It’s a summer one and tasted yummy with the lemon. We might have found one that works for me!
So drinking, cleaning and travelling. That’s what I’ve been up to these days. What’s been going on in your lives?