Monday, November 28, 2011

I Would Love to Take the Credit, But…

Meghan at Unintended Housewife posted a comment on my Thanksgiving recap yesterday about those acorn treats and how she wanted the recipe. So I must be honest – I did not make them! My cousin’s wife who hosted us for the fabulous meal was the one responsible. But I sure ate my weight in those, along with the baked brie.

I remembered seeing a tutorial on Pinterest about these same goodies, so I’ll link to Kristen at We are THAT Family for a great tutorial.

But there are two points that my cousin told me about how she did hers. She had a bag of regular kisses AND a bag of cherry cordial ones and used both bags. I’ll admit that I’m not a huge fan of cherry cordials but they added a nice element to the peanut butter and chocolate.

Also, since she’s a real baker, she ended up using icing (I think) to adhere the peanut butter sandwiches to the kisses. She whipped it up real quick and that was easier for her.

For someone who is looking for an adorable dessert to bring to a party, I would recommend these from the guest’s perspective – they were YUMMY and I could not keep my hand out of them all day long. Kristen and of course my cousin’s wife seemed to think they were pretty easy.

Happy acorn making!

No comments:

Post a Comment