Saturday, June 20, 2009

Acting Adult – A Learning Curve

This whole crazy adventure began in college. That’s when I realized I wasn’t going to be a kid all my life. I was going to have to grow up, get married, and get a job! I wanted a lot out of my life and career, but I wasn’t quite sure what it was. Acting, events, cruise director, there were a ton of options.

I met this kid the first weekend of school -

This was our first picture as a couple.  I ignored him for a few years before giving him a date our senior year. It stuck and we’ve been together almost four years now, and married for two of them.

We met while I was an events planner in college and studying to be an actress. I was in a few shows, including My Fair Lady:

See the lady in red and black on the far left? That’s me!  That’s the only non-singing part in the musical. Did I mention I’m a non-singing actor?

Here’s a better one -

Gotta love those costumes. That might be one of my favorite parts of acting. :)

So after my college career, it was a wedding -

A honeymoon in Paris -

And planning events in the real world.

Two years later and here we are. I hope to show off my adventures – in the theatre and this real world in my medium-sized Midwestern city.

No comments:

Post a Comment