I borrowed this from Kelsey @ The Seattle Smiths – she put it so succinctly, I figured I could just put it here for all of you!
You know when you read a blog entry and it moves you to write a nifty comment? I love those. :) But sometimes when I click reply, it says firstname.lastname@example.org instead of your email address.
So please check your settings! I would love to be able to reply to your comments by e-mail! If you don’t want to give out your main e-mail address, you could always create a separate one that you use on blogs. For example, I’m using actingadult at gmail dot com, rather than my main e-mail. It forwards on to my main e-mail so I can just respond from Gmail. That makes it so much easier!
Step by Step to Change your Settings:
1. Click on the Customize link in the upper right hand corner of your screen.
2. Click on the Dashboard link in the upper right hand corner of your screen.
3. Click Edit Profile, which in on the left hand side of the screen next to your profile picture.
4. This will take you to the Edit User Profile screen.
5. Look in the Privacy section.
6. Click on the box that says, "Show my email address."
7. In the Identity section, enter in an email address.
8. Scroll down to the bottom of the screen and click on Save Profile.
This whole process takes only a few minutes but it’s so worth it!