Thursday, April 5, 2012

And God Blessed the Broken Road, Part 8

To catch up, you can read Our Love Story here.

Before we went to my parents’ house in Texas to celebrate Easter that spring of my senior year of college, we spent Spring Break travelling together. Both Future Husband and I love to travel and we figured if we were going to spend the rest of our lives together, we should make sure that we could travel together well!

image

Since we didn’t want to buy plane tickets, we settled on an old-fashioned road trip. Husband had never been to the Grand Canyon and I have fond memories of driving trips across the Southwest with my family when I was a kid. So our itinerary was set – the old Route 66! We had a blast, staying in dive hotels along the way, eating at the famous Big Tex and seeing the Cadillac Ranch, on the way out to the Grand Canyon. We even stayed in the National Park when we got there, and took a sunrise tour of the canyon.

image

image

image

Then we turn around and started driving back! We actually ended up spending a night on the way back from the Canyon at my parents’ house, because of wildfires in Oklahoma that were directly in our path on the way home.

image

Once we decided that traveling together was a-ok by both of us, it was full speed ahead to popping the question! More to come…

No comments:

Post a Comment