Monday, March 8, 2010

99 random thoughts on the wall…

After the Alter recently posted about 99 things and I thought it was cute! Since I haven't had anything substantial to say in WEEKS, I figured I should write something.

1. Started your own blog – I've been writing on this thing for a few months now. Obviously.

2. Slept under the stars – Technically this is a no, but I've been camping in the great wilderness of Tennessee so I'm wondering if it would count.

3. Played in a band

4. Visited Hawaii

5. Watched a meteor shower

6. Given more than you can afford to charity – I hate to say no to this one but I'm afraid it's true.

7. Been to DisneyWorld – Um, yes. It's pretty darn awesome and we're going back in less than three months!

8. Climbed a mountain – I'm not sure if it was a "mountain" but on the camping trip in TN we climbed up a pretty darn tall hill.

9. Held a praying mantis

10. Sang a solo –Well, not in front of anyone but a judging panel. When I was in college and taking voice lessons, I conquered my biggest fear and sang in front of people. Scared me to death, too!

11. Bungee jumped – I'm not sure I'll EVER be able to do this one. I'm scared of heights.

12. Visited Paris – Husband and I spent our honeymoon there. It was absolutely magical!

13. Watched a lightning storm

14. Taught yourself an art from scratch

15. Adopted a child

16. Had food poisoning – I'm pretty sure I gave myself food poisoning from bad beef in Hamburger Helper back in January. It was NOT pretty.

17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty – This was closed right after 9/11 and so we never even got to go up on any level.

18. Grown your own vegetables

19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France – This was one of the many pieces of art we saw in the Lourve - amazing.

20. Slept on an overnight train

21. Had a pillow fight – Aren't they the best?

22. Hitch hiked – Um, no.

23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill – Well, it started out that way... but I ended up getting sick at the end of it. Figures.

24. Built a snow fort

25. Held a lamb

26. Gone skinny dipping – Given that my parents have a pool, I'm surprised I can't say yes to this one.

27. Run a Marathon – I can barely walk a mile.

28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice

29. Seen a total eclipse

30. Watched a sunrise or sunset – On our first vacation together, Husband and I took a sunrise tour of the Grand Canyon. It was absolutely amazing!

31. Hit a home run – In our beer soft ball league I was lucky if I could hit the ball.

32. Been on a cruise – Multiple times! I think this may be my favorite type of vacations.

33. Seen Niagara Falls in person

34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors- It's on the very long wish list. We're hoping to see Germany and Italy (mine and his) soon.

35. Seen an Amish community- I've seen their wagons on the road but never got to see the community itself.

36. Taught yourself a new language- Ugh. I don't know if I'll ever do this one.

37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied – My husband is in law school. This one's a no.

38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person

39. Gone rock climbing – Only in a rock climbing gym

40. Seen Michelangelo’s David

41. Sung karaoke – It was painful, but yes.

42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt - Like clockwork!

43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant

44. Visited Africa

45. Walked on a beach by moonlight

46. Been transported in an ambulance

47. Had your portrait painted

48. Gone deep sea fishing – Nope.

50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris - On the honeymoon we never actually made it to the top but does the second to last one count?

51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling

52. Kissed in the rain

53. Played in the mud

54. Gone to a drive-in theater – We saw Star Trek at one of these – so much fun!

55. Been in a movie

56. Visited the Great Wall of China

57. Started a business

58. Taken a martial arts class

59. Visited Russia

60. Served at a soup kitchen

61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies – Doesn’t everyone?

62. Gone whale watching

63. Got flowers for no reason – I wish!

64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma – I’m scared of needles so this doesn’t sound like fun to me!

65. Gone sky diving – never gonna happen.

66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp

67. Bounced a check

68. Flown in a helicopter

69. Saved a favorite childhood toy

70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial

71. Eaten Caviar – Again, on the honeymoon in Paris, we had some amazing food and tasted caviar for the first time.

72. Pieced a quilt

73. Stood in Times Square – It’s like the center of the universe.

74. Toured the Everglades –

75. Been fired from a job

76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London

77. Broken a bone

78. Been a passenger on a motorcycle

79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person – Yup!

80. Published a book

81. Visited the Vatican

82. Bought a brand new car –

83. Walked in Jerusalem

84. Had your picture in the newspaper

85. Kissed a stranger at midnight on New Year’s Eve

86. Visited the White House – We had a special tour on our Close Up trip to DC my senior year of high school.

87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating

88. Had chickenpox – Yup!

89. Saved someone’s life

90. Sat on a jury

91. Met someone famous

92. Joined a book club

93. Got a tattoo

94. Had a baby

95. Seen the Alamo in person – When you live in San Antonio, it’s kind of a requirement.

96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake

97. Been involved in a law suit

98. Owned a cell phone – It’s like another appendage.

99. Been stung by a bee

2 comments:

  1. Old Faithful geyser: I have always wanted to see that. Lucky you :)

    ReplyDelete