After the Alter recently posted about 99 things and I thought it was cute! Since I haven't had anything substantial to say in WEEKS, I figured I should write something.
1. Started your own blog – I've been writing on this thing for a few months now. Obviously.
2. Slept under the stars – Technically this is a no, but I've been camping in the great wilderness of Tennessee so I'm wondering if it would count.
3. Played in a band
4. Visited Hawaii
5. Watched a meteor shower
6. Given more than you can afford to charity – I hate to say no to this one but I'm afraid it's true.
7. Been to DisneyWorld – Um, yes. It's pretty darn awesome and we're going back in less than three months!
8. Climbed a mountain – I'm not sure if it was a "mountain" but on the camping trip in TN we climbed up a pretty darn tall hill.
9. Held a praying mantis
10. Sang a solo –Well, not in front of anyone but a judging panel. When I was in college and taking voice lessons, I conquered my biggest fear and sang in front of people. Scared me to death, too!
11. Bungee jumped – I'm not sure I'll EVER be able to do this one. I'm scared of heights.
12. Visited Paris – Husband and I spent our honeymoon there. It was absolutely magical!
13. Watched a lightning storm
14. Taught yourself an art from scratch
15. Adopted a child
16. Had food poisoning – I'm pretty sure I gave myself food poisoning from bad beef in Hamburger Helper back in January. It was NOT pretty.
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty – This was closed right after 9/11 and so we never even got to go up on any level.
18. Grown your own vegetables
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France – This was one of the many pieces of art we saw in the Lourve - amazing.
20. Slept on an overnight train
21. Had a pillow fight – Aren't they the best?
22. Hitch hiked – Um, no.
23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill – Well, it started out that way... but I ended up getting sick at the end of it. Figures.
24. Built a snow fort
25. Held a lamb
26. Gone skinny dipping – Given that my parents have a pool, I'm surprised I can't say yes to this one.
27. Run a Marathon – I can barely walk a mile.
28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice
29. Seen a total eclipse
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset – On our first vacation together, Husband and I took a sunrise tour of the Grand Canyon. It was absolutely amazing!
31. Hit a home run – In our beer soft ball league I was lucky if I could hit the ball.
32. Been on a cruise – Multiple times! I think this may be my favorite type of vacations.
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person
34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors- It's on the very long wish list. We're hoping to see Germany and Italy (mine and his) soon.
35. Seen an Amish community- I've seen their wagons on the road but never got to see the community itself.
36. Taught yourself a new language- Ugh. I don't know if I'll ever do this one.
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied – My husband is in law school. This one's a no.
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person
39. Gone rock climbing – Only in a rock climbing gym
40. Seen Michelangelo’s David
41. Sung karaoke – It was painful, but yes.
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt - Like clockwork!
43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant
44. Visited Africa
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight
46. Been transported in an ambulance
47. Had your portrait painted
48. Gone deep sea fishing – Nope.
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris - On the honeymoon we never actually made it to the top but does the second to last one count?
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling
52. Kissed in the rain
53. Played in the mud
54. Gone to a drive-in theater – We saw Star Trek at one of these – so much fun!
55. Been in a movie
56. Visited the Great Wall of China
57. Started a business
58. Taken a martial arts class
59. Visited Russia
60. Served at a soup kitchen
61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies – Doesn’t everyone?
62. Gone whale watching
63. Got flowers for no reason – I wish!
64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma – I’m scared of needles so this doesn’t sound like fun to me!
65. Gone sky diving – never gonna happen.
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp
67. Bounced a check
68. Flown in a helicopter
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial
71. Eaten Caviar – Again, on the honeymoon in Paris, we had some amazing food and tasted caviar for the first time.
72. Pieced a quilt
73. Stood in Times Square – It’s like the center of the universe.
74. Toured the Everglades –
75. Been fired from a job
76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London
77. Broken a bone
78. Been a passenger on a motorcycle
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person – Yup!
80. Published a book
81. Visited the Vatican
82. Bought a brand new car –
83. Walked in Jerusalem
84. Had your picture in the newspaper
85. Kissed a stranger at midnight on New Year’s Eve
86. Visited the White House – We had a special tour on our Close Up trip to DC my senior year of high school.
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating
88. Had chickenpox – Yup!
89. Saved someone’s life
90. Sat on a jury
91. Met someone famous
92. Joined a book club
93. Got a tattoo
94. Had a baby
95. Seen the Alamo in person – When you live in San Antonio, it’s kind of a requirement.
96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake
97. Been involved in a law suit
98. Owned a cell phone – It’s like another appendage.
99. Been stung by a bee