Tuesday, September 27, 2011

And God Blessed the Broken Road, Part 5

To catch up, you can read Our Love Story here.

Where we last left our fearless actress heroine and adorable hero, they were on a quest for dinner in a date-not-date scenario in the student union.

Future-husband was hungry that evening and so was I, so rather than the coffee we had planned on grabbing, we ended up in the on-campus Mexican restaurant in the student union. We ordered our food and then found a table, and then had that first real conversation. That was when I realized we were on a date. Yup, I realized on the date that it was a date [to be fair, Husband has a different version of events – which I might have him tell you at some future date. But not now].

We were talking about our backgrounds, and somehow past girlfriends came up. I have no idea how. Husband said that he had only dated three girls and all three of them were the daughter of lawyers, so he only knew how to date lawyer’s kids. I laughed and said, well, “I guess that makes four, since my parents are attorneys too!” We both had that awkward look at each other because I had mentioned the elephant in the room – the fact that we were on a date. I am sure that I looked like a deer in the headlights, but the moment passed, and then we settled into the traditional first date conversation.

And that’s how I realized that we were on a date, while actually on the first date – I put my foot in my mouth. But then again, if I hadn’t done that, we might not be together. Which would be really sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment