Saturday, June 30, 2012

My Best Friend’s Wedding

A few weeks ago, I was able to participate in my best friend from college’s most happy wedding day. It was pretty amazing.

Last week, Hubs and I took her and her new husband to the airport for their honeymoon.

Monday, we talked for a half hour next to our cars after yoga.

And last night, we got to have dinner with her and her husband and another of our lovely friends!

All of this is to say that I have some great photos from the wedding on my phone that I didn’t share here. As my mom pointed out, they’re all from the back! Well, as the wedding planner, that’s usually where I am. ;)

Sassy bride edited

A few friends made her “Sassy Bride” cape for the bachelorette party and it made an appearance at the rehearsal too.

Bride and groom edited

I absolutely love SLU’s College Church. So beautiful.

Prayer at dinner edited

While the priest was giving the blessing before dinner, I saw the groom put his hand on the small of the bride’s back. It was the sweetest moment. Most couples can’t keep their hands off each other during the reception but this was so simple and innocent and sweet, I had to take a picture of it. It made me tear up during the prayer because it just shows their faith in the very simplest of gestures.

 

I love weddings. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment