Thursday, June 14, 2012

A Year Goes by So Quickly

Cozumel cruise edited

Two years ago today, my father entered into his Eternal Life. We know that he waits for us there, to welcome us there with all the angels. He is there with his parents, grandparents, and aunts and uncles and cousins who have gone before him. We know that he even was reunited with his father who died when my dad was 10. That is an amazing thing to think about, that they are able to be reunited in their eternal life.

Our faith tell us that this is true. God is good even if we don't understand His ways.

I sure do miss my dad today.

I may have some more poignant thoughts later today, like I did last year, but I’m not sure. I won’t be able to share this day with my mom or my brother and work will be busy. Maybe that will keep my mind off things? I don’t know. I guess at some point anniversaries have to start to become just another day on the calendar? I hope not.

"I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. Now there is in store for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to me on that day—and not only to me, but also to all who have longed for his appearing." 2 Timothy 4:7-8

No comments:

Post a Comment