Thursday, July 2, 2009

He was going to hate me for this one…

So where we were?

Ah yes. Hubs had checked the mail only to find a large envelope waiting for him.

But it wasn’t addressed to him. It had MY name on it. Why would SLU Admissions be sending something to me?

Turns out that a few weeks earlier, I had offered to sit on a panel to help critique potential scholarship recipients for our alma mater, SLU. The mailing envelope was their applications I was to review before the panel. I had totally forgotten about this until the thing came in the mail.

The look on my husband’s face when he told me this afterwards made me want to shrivel up and die. I couldn’t BELIEVE that a piece of my mail got his hopes and then dashed them on the rocks.

But honestly, that wasn’t my fault, now was it? I still felt bad. :(

We still weren’t any closer to law school.

No comments:

Post a Comment