Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Another new restaurant – this one didn’t go as well as the first one

Husband called me up on Saturday and asked me to come pick him up at the library and take him out to lunch. Given that he only had three more days before finals were over, I thought it would be a good idea to get him out in the sunshine and spend a bit of time with his wife. :)

We were going to hit up our favorite local BBQ place, Pappy’s Smokehouse. You can check out their AMAZING food when they were showcased on the Travel Channel’s Man vs. Food [their segment starts about 6.5 minutes in].

But Husband changed his mind after we parked and so we decided to go to the Buffalo Brewing Company next door. We hadn’t been there before so we thought it was good to try it today!

I still had a head cold and apparently wasn’t very hungry. I tried the sides – veggies, dirty rice and smashed potatoes. Husband tried the buffalo burger and thought it was pretty awesome. But it was so big he just couldn’t eat it all! I chucked it up to the sweet potato chips we ordered for an appetizer. They were ok for me, but Husband sure enjoyed them.

I don’t know if we’ll add it to our regular rotation of restaurants (like Pappy’s and some of our other favorites), but it was good to venture outside our norm.

Isn’t that what my 101 list is supposed to do?

2 comments:

  1. I just tried my first buffalo burger in the last two months and its amazing! So much better then just a regular ol' burger. You are brave being married to a 1L during finals- that's a rough time, but hey! Its almost summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melissa - I'll have to try the burger next time, if we decide to head back. Our 1L experience was crazy but I'm glad it's done! He's officially moved on to 2L. :)

    ReplyDelete