Thursday, May 6, 2010

I love trying new restaurants – especially when someone else pays!

Fried turkish cheese

Source

Over the weekend while my parents were in town, my dad asked if we could go out for some Mediterranean food. Taken aback, I wasn’t really sure where we could go for that in our little Midwestern town. And to boot, my dad is FROM this town – what was he thinking?!

Then I remembered there was a place down the street near the old apartment that might do the trick. Friends had told me they have great tapas. So off to Aya Sofia we went.

The food was great! The four of us split an appetizer platter with hummus, tabouli, stuffed grape leaves and yummy fried feta cheese. Then we also had a dish that had a beef patty that kind of resembled meat loaf without the tomato sauce plus a whitefish that was grilled whole. Holy Cow Batman, it was amazing!

I’m really glad we went there because I remembered we have a gift certificate from Restaurants.com that we haven’t even thought of using yet. We’ll definitely put that restaurant at the top of the list the next time we’re looking for a place to eat out. Yummy!

This definitely counts for my 101 list. One down, nine new restaurants to go!

2 comments:

  1. I love the "Holy Cow Batman" line. That just made me smile. This post reminds me of the line from "When Harry Met Sally"... though I think you will disagree with the last part "Restaurants are to the 80s what theater was to the 60s". I wish I could be a food critic. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooo, I love Aya Sophia. Luckily it's within walking distance. Sadly, it is a bit on the expensive side. Maybe I'll look for a deal through restaurants.com as well.

    ReplyDelete