Wednesday, July 14, 2010

I love Netflix

It’s so neat to come home and have a movie waiting for me. I’ve set up my queue and put over 200 movies on there, to start going through. There are a ton of movies that I’ve never seen that everyone says I should see (like all those “classics” on the AFI list and such).

The other day, the movie I found waiting for me was Miss Pettigrew Lives for a Day. Have you seen this one? It’s so great!

miss-pettigrew-lives-for-a-day-movie-poster-1

Source

This is one of those movies that I wanted to see in the theatres when it came out but somehow never was able to find the time. I’m so glad that it came up on my queue because Frances McDormand and Amy Adams are amazing!

Set in 1939 London, Guinevere Pettigrew (McDormand) is an out-of-work governess that ends up as social secretary to starlet Delysia Lafosse (Adams). Pettigrew helps Adams out of many a predicament over the day and ends up finding love in a place she least expects.

It is such a smartly written, beautifully acted and so much fun to watch! It’s a great girls movie – make a cosmo and have at it!

*Disclaimer* I was not compensated in any way for this post. I just really like the service.

5 comments:

  1. Me. Too. I love my Netflix! :) And Instant Netflix? Best thing ever. We cancelled our cable and now just watch movies and tv online. It's quite amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanted to see that movie. I will be adding it to my queue in about 45 seconds. haha. I love the OnDemand Netflix to watch seasons of shows or older movies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to have to put this on a "to see" list! Sounds cute and I love Amy Adams!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Netflix - it is amazing! But my husband and I have been terrible lately about watching movies, so we are considering canceling. :-( After using it for about seven years, that is very sad!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love netflix! I find myself watching movies I normally wouldn't rent walking through the blockbuster aisles. I have gotten old classics and even oscar contenders. Love it!

    ReplyDelete