Thursday, July 29, 2010

I’m a klutz. Do they have a program for that?

flickr - fuyo_yanagi

flickr: fuyo_yanagi

Seriously, I didn’t use to be like this.

I was a cheerleader in high school. I was somewhat coordinated and even on the beat!

But I’ve had my issues with staying upright and not dropping things. But tonight was special.

Tonight, Husband and I had dinner with our friends, D and B. D used to work with Husband at the interior design retail store Before Law School. We hadn’t seen them in almost a year, so dinner together was definitely in order!

D was giving us a tour of their new house that they’re in the process of fixing up and making their own. We were complimenting and ooh-ing and ahh-ing appropriately, of course. They have come a long way!

Coming down the steep staircase of an old 1930s house, I kept telling myself.. don’t fall down… right foot then left foot… don’t fall down for the love of God!

Yeah, well, my body doesn’t always listen to my brain.

I ended up bumping into the wall – of course, there’s a bunch of photographs hanging on the wall that I happened to lean into. Of course, one comes crashing down on the stairwell and the glass smashes into a million pieces.

I was mortified.

I haven’t seen these people in so long and they have invited me into their home and giving me a tour and I have to break things.

SERIOUSLY.

Do they have a program for people like me? I need to get over this klutziness. 

1 comment:

  1. Oh no! I'm a total klutz too. Something happened to me in college and I just started tripping over my own feet. Welcome to the club!

    ReplyDelete