Friday, August 6, 2010

Words, words, words – Hamlet knew what he was talking about

flickr - tipiro

flickr - tipiro

"Ask God's blessing on your work, but don't ask him to do it for you."

~Dame Flora Robson, English thespian

I sign my emails with this one.

I’m in love with quotes, but what made me chose this one?

First off, it’s a thespian… an actor… a fellow lover of the stage.

According to Wikipedia,

“Dame Flora McKenzie Robson DBE (28 March 1902 – 7 July 1984) was an English actress, renowned as a character actress, who played roles ranging from queens to villainesses.”

I don’t think I’ll ever become a lady, but to be a famous character actress – that’d be pretty amazing.

I haven’t been on the stage in almost one year. It’s been eleven months since this brief stint across the boards.

I’m itching to have some work to ask God’s blessing for. I try to apply this quote to my day job as well, and that’s why I sign my e-mails with it. It reminds me constantly to keep Him in sight and know that there is more than the daily grind.

Do you have a favorite quote? I love hearing other people’s favorites!

2 comments:

  1. I love famous quotes too! I have quite a few "faves," but one that always sticks in my head is this Groucho Marx quote: "Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read." Hee hee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dr's Wife - I love that quote! It made me giggle this afternoon when I read it. :)

    ReplyDelete