Saturday, September 25, 2010

This Friday Just Keeps Getting Better and Better

The Fountain on Locust is one of my favorite places to eat – and drink – and then eat some ice cream. :)

Any place that has yummy sandwiches and both an alcohol and ice cream bar is ok in my book. They even have ice cream martinis! I’m there.

Husband wanted to take me on a date this week, and given our crazy schedules, Friday at lunch was the only time we could manage to get some together! So he picked me up and said I could pick anywhere I wanted. I had a hankering for the Fountain, so off we went.

Fountain 3

Aren’t these decorations cute?

Fountain 1

I really like the lamp shades.

The restaurant is in an old car dealership from the early part of the last century, as they explain on their website:

Our building was constructed in 1916 as the showroom for the Stutz Blackhawk and the Stutz Bearcat, both considered top of the line, high performance sports sedans of the time.

So it’s really a fun place to eat. Lots of things to look at! But mainly, the sandwiches and salads are just really good.

Once we’ve seen the decor and eaten our yummy sandwiches [egg salad with spinach for me, roast beef on a baguette for Husband], the time comes for the final part of the meal – the ice cream.

Fountain 4 

We ordered Three Coins in the Fountain – a HUGE bowl of ice cream with vanilla, chocolate and mint ice cream topped with an absolutely ginormous heap of whipped cream (made fresh daily at the Fountain) and a bunch of hot fudge. Of course, it’s topped with three chocolate coins – hence the name.

Fountain 5

This is what it looked like at the end of the meal. We beat it, but just barely. Husband had to take one for the team and finish it off. I wanted to eat more but I thought my stomach might just burst.

The only problem with having lunch at the Fountain is that I always want to take a nap afterward, rather than going back to work, like I usually have to do.

If you’re anywhere around St. Louis, I highly recommend this place for either lunch or maybe a drink after the Fox. The theatre is just around the corner. YUM.

4 comments:

  1. Looks yummy! I may have to try that out when I'm down there some time! I'd try it out on our trip in October, but we are planning to go to Ozzie's before the hockey game!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another place to add to my list. Looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohhhh YUMMY! I'm craving ice cream now :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks delicious! I hate having a big, yummy meal and then needing to go somewhere after as well. I really just want to go home and lay on the couch :)

    ReplyDelete