Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Not Exactly a Thrifty Weekend

Over the weekend, a work friend who has become a real life friend invited me to a Girls Day Out Fashion Show. She had two friends, one from volunteering at my work and another one from college, who were very artistic folks. One is a jewelry maker and one is a seamstress. She put the two of them together for a fun fashion show on Saturday!

Holly of Au Naturale Jewelry had her jewelry out for display before the show started, in case we wanted to browse. Well, I did more than browse!

I fell in love with this necklace and could NOT pass it up.

Au Naturale Jewelry (1) Au Naturale Jewelry (2)

So you can see the whole outfit. :) It works perfectly!

Au Naturale Jewelry (3)

A bit more detail – it’s uncut citrine with brown beads in between and a great wood pendant.

Holly also has an Etsy site as well – you can find it here.

The seamstress, Allison, also has an Etsy shop called Blue Silk Rose. She has created some awesome pieces, but I didn’t get pictures of them. Since she started out in the costume shop of the theatre, she is a pro at period pieces. They had displayed one of her civil war dresses and a Shakespeare-era dress, with all the different layers and pieces that go along with both of those garments. Allison told me it took 100 hours of work to create everything you see on a Civil War dress – and 50 hours to create the things you don’t see! So that would be the corset, the pantaloons and the hoop skirt and all the rest. I was SO impressed.

But more than that, she’s starting to do modern clothes as well. She had some great dresses that can be made to order – and for less than what you’d find at a store! I think I may have to request one of her dresses for a present in the future. They were SO pretty but I had already spent my money on a necklace. :)

If you’re looking for a fun new shop to check out, please visit their shops! They are sweet ladies and would love custom orders – or take something straight from their shop. I vouch for both of ‘em!

[I was not compensated for this post. I just like her stuff!]

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful necklace! I'm definitely going to have to check out her Etsy store! Thanks for sharing!! :o)

    ReplyDelete