Thursday, January 12, 2012

“You Take The Good, You Take The Bad”

“You take them both and there you have The Facts of Life.”

This morning…

car damage

This afternoon…

cake truffles

This evening…

I’m home, packing for my weekend in DC, and self-medicating for a nasty headache and aching shoulders, possibly from the icy accident this morning. The car has been in the shop for an estimate and let’s just say thank goodness we have insurance! They can get me in at the end of the month to get it fixed. Until then, I’ll be driving dear husband’s car that is just sitting outside in the parking lot.

To add insult to injury to whatever, those yummy cake truffles up there? I think they upset my stomach this afternoon. Which is just so MEAN. So I’m already in PJs and trying to figure out how to pack for a whole long weekend in DC with only carry ons so I don’t have to deal with checked bags. Wish me luck!

4 comments:

  1. Boo to fender benders and upset tummies. But yay to a weekend away in DC! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. did you say why you're going to be in DC? so close, yet so far away from me at the same time hah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yikes! Why do car accidents happen when husbands are gone? Hope you had a great weekend in dc!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww - what a rough day! I hope you had a good weekend to make up for it!

    ReplyDelete