Friday, February 12, 2010

Watch that first step - it's a doozy!

I've spent most of my free time outside of work at the theatre these past few weeks. It's my calling, it's my passiong, blah blah blah. Sometimes it's just a helluva lot of owrk and it makes you tired!

Last weekend, Husband and I were at the theatre from 7-10 Friday night, 9-3 Saturday and 11-2 on Sunday. Now granted, that's not as much time as the director and producer spent at the theatre. But Husband and I had a bunch of other things vying for our time (me: sleep, him: homework) so we could only give so much.

So I don't have a picture of the completely blank stage but I wanted to show some of the progress we've made in just a few days. And so much has been done since these pictures were taken!

This is on the second day of construction, after creating a 16' platform on 20 castors. These are the supporters going in for the second floor.


This shows Husband in the green shirt, at the end of our work shift on Sunday. There weren't walls, but there would be some soon!


It's a small photo, but this is the look from backstage. You can see the various walls and a bit of the theatre beyond.

I just want to point out that the director of this show has been SO careful to build everything TO CODE. He's a professional carpenter who used to frame houses, so he knows what he's talking about. That means that when the cast of ten starts running furiously up and down stairs, opening and slamming doors, and generally trying to kill themselves on the set, it SHOULD stay together. We've got to make it last until late March, so we'll see how that goes! :)

1 comment:

  1. Wow, you guys are making great progress! That's awesome that the director is building everything to code.

    ReplyDelete