Tuesday, August 30, 2011

The Weekend in Review

This weekend seemed to fly by, as they all do lately. So let’s start at the beginning! It’s a very good place to start…

Friday night – no football unfortunately, or Friday Night Lights, but soon we’ll be in the midst of college football! Did you know I always wanted to go to a big state school so we could have a football tradition to follow? Notre Dame would have been great, but then again, it’s north of St. Louis and therefore would probably be too cold for me to live for most of the year.

Oh right, Friday night plans. Yes. We hauled it to Chesterfield to say goodbye to one of my college friends who is moving away from here to follow his girlfriend as she continues her education in theatre by getting a masters at Boston University. We’re gonna miss him and I’m awfully sad that he’s leaving us. Once those hugs were done, we headed back to the city to meet up with one of Husband’s friends who was in town to surprise his sister at his nephew’s first birthday party. We were in on the secret and hung out in the beautiful almost-autumn air at the rooftop bar at the Moonrise Hotel. If you’re coming to St. Louis (or are already here) and haven’t had one of their yummy cocktails under the moon, you must go! Any place with this kind of decoration is ok in my book!

image

So, knowing me and my reaction to booze, we went home relatively early because we were both exhausted. Saturday morning was time for cleaning and an eyebrow wax. I got my hair cut earlier in the week, to prepare for our quick Disney jaunt, but looking in the mirror earlier, I decided that the jungles above my eyes needed to be cut back. So off to the spa I went. I was so happy when I was done!

image

I came home and puttered, watched a bit of Bachelor Pad to catch up for tonight’s episode, and then Husband and I headed out again to a first birthday party. Those are the best! Unfortunately, we couldn’t stay to watch the kid devour his cake. Hubs still owes me cake for that one. We had double-booked ourselves with the Sunday night dinner crew and went to Chesterfield to meet up with them. We put a lot of miles on the car this weekend.

Sunday was church, of course, and I was the first lector at Mass. I really do love proclaiming, especially when I prepare ahead of time and know what the reading is about! The afternoon was for packing – because we leave for Disney on Thursday! We are most definitely prepared…

image

And then I had to get ready for an audition. I believe my sabbatical or hiatus may be drawing to a close. It was great to print out my headshot and resume and look at it, realizing that I need to get new photos taken. My hair looks completely different than that picture! So it was a great show directed by a friend from college and I just had to go. This community theatre is supposed to be one of the best in the area and by attending their auditions, I can agree on that point! It was so organized and really well run. Unfortunately, I wasn’t cast, but I did get a call from the assistant director telling me how much she enjoyed my audition and that she really hopes I’ll come back and audition again, because she would like to see me on their stage. Which I thought was really sweet!

My acting professor once told me that we as actors must fall in love with auditioning – because it may be the only acting we ever get to do! I enjoyed my audition, met some fun people, reconnected with old friends and made the directing staff laugh. I say that was a success!

4 comments:

  1. So funny, I was supposed to go to the Moonrise Saturday night for a friend's birthday celebration! We might have finally met! Unfortunately I couldn't make it, but what a small world!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, sounds like a busy weekend! I'm so excited for you getting to go to Disney this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you for getting out there and auditioning again :) whenever I would go to plays with my theater major roommate we would realize that she gets the same buzz from watching the curtain open that I get when I hear an orchestra tune. Kind of fun. Sounds like a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete