Monday, December 12, 2011

Bringing This Year to a Close

I mentioned a few days ago about my proposed break in the smart phone addiction. Here’s hoping the mindless checking of my email will be able to subside soon, if I just concentrate on not obsessively hitting that refresh button. Given that we only have 19 days left in 2011 (19 days?! Where the heck did 2011 go?! Wasn’t I just ringing in the New Year in Europe?), I figured I’d look forward to 2012 and lay out some New Year’s resolutions.

  1. Project Life – thanks to Sonya at A Day in the Life, I’m SO excited to scrapbook my daily life. Because scrapbooking the traditional way was just NOT working for me. So I’m going to take a picture a day in 2012 which will be a great way to show my dear husband how I spent my time while he was studying international law in Paris. More to come on that later.
  2. To curb my digital obsession and to live more in the immediate moment.
  3. Scrapbooking – seriously, I’m going to start my Disney trip scrapbooks. I printed all 1,000 pictures from five different trips and I need to start laying them out. I may have to buy some additional paper before doing so, but the goal is to start laying them out so I can get going on this silly project!

I’m NOT putting on this list the traditional “lose some weight” because guess what? I’ve already lost 15 pounds since early September. Seriously. Yay for Weight Watchers! It really does work. Thanks to Katie at Loves of Life for her amazing inspiration because it was watching her weight loss journey that forced me to get off my butt and MAKE TIME FOR ME. I’ve forced myself to work out every other day and have been doing that pretty consistently for the past few weeks. And it’s actually working! 10 more pounds to go for the goal weight, so I guess a continuation of the weight loss should be on the list too. I’ll post pictures soon when I can actually take a minute to find my camera and take some!

So that’s how I plan to make my way through 2012. It’ll be a great one!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so excited to do Project Life with you! I think I'm going to work on a series of beginning posts for it because I know of a couple of people just starting out!

    I thought in some recent pictures you looked like you had lost weight! Yay for you!

    Can't wait to hear more about hubby's upcoming adventure!

    ReplyDelete