Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Project Life 2012

Ok, enough stuff that brings you down. On to more fun things!

I have made the commitment, pulled the trigger, and taken the plunge. I’m going to take at least one picture each day during 2012 and will be combining those prints into Project Life. For those that don’t know, this is a way to capture those little moments in life that wouldn’t make it onto a big scrapbooking page in the grand scheme of things. I bought the Clementine edition for this daily experiment.

A few days after my Project Life arrived in the mail, I opened the Amber edition from my mother-in-law for Christmas! It looks like I’ll be catching up on all the old photos with that kit as well!

2011 Christmas (134)

So there’s a million different ways to use the kit, as they describe on the website. But I’m going to focus the Clementine edition on the daily picture and the Amber edition for the pictures from after our honeymoon up to present day. I hope they can all fit! I may have to break it down into multiple albums, but we shall see.

I’m really excited about breaking down my life into these snapshots of daily life. Since I decided to start scrapbooking after my wedding (as a way to expend my creative energies without a big party to plan and consume my life), I have struggled with the work that capturing the little things in life presented. Scrapbooking a vacation was way easier. I started out with a Disney scrapbook for my mother-in-law for her birthday and that was fun. And then I moved on to recording our honeymoon, which was really neat to relive that and remember what we did each day. But when I looked at my pictures from a random party or what have you, it felt weird doing an entire page for that. I left my crafting table full of scraps and my Cricut unused, much to my Husband’s annoyance. But I just couldn’t bring myself to work for hours on something that was just a page for a random day in my life, for some reason.

But Project Life? I think it’s a perfect fit. I can see the daily life, the ebbs and flows of what is going on right now, and that will give my kids and grandkids (hopefully) a look into what life was like in 2012. I would have LOVED to have something like this for my mom or my grandma. I’m hoping my future kids will think it’s neat! So. Project Life for the daily life and traditional scrapbooking for vacations. I have a plan and I’m going to execute it!

Has anyone else failed in scrapbooking, only to find something that helps them find their way again?

<I was not compensated for this post in any way. I just like the products!>

2 comments:

  1. I love this idea! I can't wait to see how it turns out. Keep us updated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see how this works! Is it digital? or paper? i've always been a paper girl, but I haven't kept up since we got married. I still haven't done our wedding album - or honeymoon! Sigh. I said I'd play with stuff over break, but I'm not sure I'm into the paper stuff anymore.

    ReplyDelete