Sunday, December 4, 2011

A December Weekend in iPhone Pictures

It seems like I’ve had a hard time getting into the Christmas spirit this year. But after seeing a Christmas review on Thursday night and then all this wonderful holiday activities this weekend, I am fully in Christmas-mode!

December

Saturday morning was the annual cookie walk in historic Kimmswick! It’s a fun little town with adorable shops and a great restaurant! We paid $15 to get a cookbook and a cookie at each one of 30 shops around the town, like the one below. Who doesn’t want a cookie from the Cozy Cottage? Smile

December 2

When we got to town and picked up our cookie bag, we put in our name at the Blue Owl – and two hours later, we were able to be seated for lunch and of course, pie!!! We liked their pie even before Oprah picked it for her magazine.

December 3

December 10

“What if the hokey pokey really is what it’s all about?” This question keeps me up at night.

December 11

I love this way of displaying a street number on the front porch! I think I posted this same design last year but I really like it. So cute!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sunday afternoon was our tree shopping date! Hubs and I headed to Ted Drewes for some frozen custard and awesome tree pickings.

December 5

This was the one! Just the right height for the apartment ceiling and bushy but not too poofy. Perfect!

December 6

We also bought a real wreath for the front door, to which I added the pinecones and bow from the real wreath we bought a few years ago. It saved us about $15 to buy an undecorated one this time around!

December 7

Finally, the tree! Hubs had the great idea of adding our lit Mickey head that usually goes in our front window to the top of the tree this year. It brings our Disney fandom to the forefront, most definitely!

You may notice the multi-colored lights this year. They’re new LED strands that we bought at Target today. Hubs requested the new colored ones because that’s what he remembers as tradition from his childhood. In my usual Jessica-ness and barreling through without asking questions, we had been using a fake tree with white lights for years because that’s what my family’s tradition was. I never really asked Husband which kind of tree/lights he would like to have. So we’re incorporating his family’s traditions this year. I really should have asked sooner!

2 comments:

  1. Kimmswick sounds like quaint, cookie-filled fun!!

    Nice tree! I love the Mickey tree topper too. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks you had a great Christmasy weekend! I love the fresh wreaths! I had some a couple of years in a row but we've gone back to artificial ones for a couple of years. Partially for lack of places to easily find them here and cost. Someday I want real ones again!

    ReplyDelete