Wednesday, May 18, 2011

All Hats and Nowhere to Go

Tomorrow, Husband and I will travel with my grandmother to Santa Fe to see my brother be graduated from college. It’s a big day. There will be many tears! I’m bringing my hankie.

In preparation for the day, Mom and I were discussing what to wear. Of course.

The thing is, this graduation is outside. In the sun, on the plaza or something at the school. A week ago, the weather was supposed to be extra warm and sunny so I was worried about getting burned. I really wanted a hat to wear, a la the royal wedding and Kentucky Derby. An outdoor hippy graduation ceremony would be the perfect thing!

So I checked eBay.

And I kind of went overboard.

I found a few hats that I liked and entered my bid. And ended up with both of them. That wasn’t supposed to happen!

This brown one is so adorable – big and floppy and sure to keep the sun out of my face. But it’s awfully big. I think I can fold it and put it in my carry on. I picked the brown one because it would match a bunch of my sundresses.

IMG_1797

Then, I got to thinking. Maybe I wasn’t going to wear brown. Maybe I should wear black pants and a cute top instead. So that’s where this one came in. The ribbon and bow are polka dots!

IMG_1783

This black one is a little more subdued, don’t you think? It’s also a bit easier to transport because it’s crushable.

BUT.

Now, the weather is supposed to be cooler than normal and not exactly crazy sunny. So do I really need a hat? I don’t know. I’m thinking the sundresses won’t make it either.

So yeah, I still have no idea what I’m wearing and we leave tomorrow. I hate packing.

6 comments:

  1. I love both of them, but the black one is extra fab!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love love love that black hat on you! You must wear it pretty pretty please (and take lots of pictures!). So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look great in both! The black one sounds smart because it seems like it will pack better! Have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the black - hope you decided to wear it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love them both (you're so cute) but I have to respectfully disagree with the other commenters, the brown is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete