Wednesday, May 25, 2011

My New Drink Needs a Name

Ok, I’ll admit, it feels weird to be talking about alcohol at 8 am. But to be fair, I wrote this last night and am posting it tomorrow, for you know, to spread out the posts a bit.

A few days ago, Husband was making himself a gin and tonic – that’s his drink. He always hands me the glass when he’s made it and tells me to take a sip. And EVERY time I make a face and grunt and tell him how DISGUSTING gin is. EVERY. TIME. And yet, I still take a sip when he offers it to me.

Determined to help me find a drink that I like (we were out of my sweet and sour mix that I use for my amaretto sours) with the ingredients we had on hand, he came up with my new favorite drink. I’m drooling just thinking about it.

So here is what makes up my new favorite drink:

  • Triple sec
  • Peach schnapps
  • Tonic

Simple, right?

Add them in equal parts and ENJOY.

So now I just need a name. Husband has suggested “Mother’s Lover” but I’m not so sure about that one.

The drink is very summer-y and vaguely orange-y due to the triple sec.

Any ideas?

2 comments:

  1. Tonic? Really? I love quinine, but that doesn't look like a winning combination on the page (which is why it must be so satisfying to have invented it!)

    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems that a lot of fun drinks can be created with peach schnapps. My "invention" was peach schnapps, sparkling wine, grenadine and a cherry. I didn't name it either, though!

    But, here is an idea - it's kind of similar to a sex on the beach, right? So, since you invented it and you're an actress, what about Sex on the Stage? ;)

    ReplyDelete